I love pizzas, even more when they are homemade as I know exactly what goes in the pizza. I love the combination of the salty, gooey and delicious taste of pizzas. I have made this pizza a few times now.
Dorian actually taught me how to make this pizza and as always, I learnt how to perfect it and now, it tastes better than what Dorian first taught me. The star of this pizza is the filling. Once you nail the filling, the pizza just comes together 😍 For the base of the pizza, I did not make it from scratch this time. Instead, I used wholemeal pitas and whole grain wraps. They are perfect especially if you prefer thin crust pizzas. In addition, you save time from not making and waiting for the dough to proof. This pizza is perfect for a week night when you are pressed for time but feel like having a pizza but without all the calories a store bought pizza would have.
As always, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and please let me know what you think of this recipe 😊
If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn.
Makes 2 medium-sized pizzas
For the base:
- 2 wholemeal pitas or wholegrain wraps.
For the filling:
- 250g minced lamb;
- 1 medium eggplant/brinjal, cut into large cubes;
- 1/2 brown onion, chopped roughly;
- 4 cloves garlic, minced;
- 2 tsp garam masala;
- 2 tsp stock or salt to taste (I used San Elk beef stock);
- 1 tsp ground cumin; and
- 1 tsp ground coriander.
For the pizza:
- 2 large handfuls of shredded pizza cheese for the pizza topping; and
- 4 tbsp. of store-bought tomato paste (you can of course use your homemade tomato sauce).
- In a food processor, place the eggplant and brown onion and process until they are finely chopped;
- Place a wok on a stove top with a medium heat turned on and place the minced lamb and garlic in it and stir fry until the meat starts to brown;
- Then, add the eggplant and brown onion mixture into the wok and stir fry for 5 minutes or until the eggplant starts to tenderise;
- Add the spices to the wok and continue cooking until the lamb mixture is cooked. Make sure any water in the mixture is dried up as you do not want soggy pizza!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius;
- Place a wholemeal pita or a wholegrain wrap on a pizza tray. Then put approximately 2 tbsp. of tomato paste (you may need more or less depending on the size of the pita/wrap) on the pita/wrap and evenly spread the paste on the pita/wrap;
- Then place half the lamb mixture evenly on the pita/wrap. Put a large handful of shredded pizza cheese evenly on the lamb mixture on the pita/wrap. Now, your pizza is ready to be cooked;
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is perfectly cooked;
- Remove the pizza from the oven and enjoy 🙂
- Repeat the above process for the second pizza.