I haven’t posted my snack of the week recipes in a while. This week I wanted to make something delicious but easy to make as it has been a time poor week for me 😅 So, I made these double pumpkin cookies which have only four ingredients in them. I got the inspiration for these cookies from my recent pumpkin seed butter purchase 😍 I have never tasted pumpkin seed butter before, so I was keen to try it! The verdict: I like it but peanut butter is still my favourite 🤤
These cookies are refined sugar free and are only naturally sweetened with dates. They are also dairy free, oil free, flourless and you can make them gluten free by using gluten free oats. I cannot stress how good these cookies are for you – they are low GI, packed with complex carbohydrates and good fat and hence, will keep you fuller for longer.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this recipe.
For those of you counting calories or macros, you can use the table below as a guide.
Makes 26 cookies
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats;
- 1/4 cup raw pepita/pumpkin seeds;
- 1 cup dates, soaked in hot water for at least an hour;
- 4 tbsp. pumpkin/pepita seed butter; and
- 6 tbsp. water (you may need more or less depending on the amount of water the dates hold).
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with a baking paper;
- In a food processor, place the soaked dates (with the water drained but saved for later) and process until a smooth consistency is formed;
- Then, add the rolled oats and pumpkin seeds and process until the mixture is well combined;
- Finally, add the pumpkin seed butter and process until the mixture is well combined and it will resemble cookie crumbs;Add the pumpkin seed butter to the well combined mixture.
- Add 1 tbsp. of water at a time until the mixture forms a cookie dough;Cookie dough to be formed into cookies 🙂
- Form into bite sized cookies and place on the baking tray and repeat until all the dough is finished;Cookies ready to be baked.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. I like my cookies slightly firmer, so I baked the cookies for slightly longer and darker brown;
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool and place in an air-tight container and store for up to two weeks; andCookies out of the oven 🙂
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee/tea for a mid-morning/afternoon.