Most people these days have some sort of dietary requirements, be it vegan, paleo, keto, gluten free, dairy free, etc. So, it can quite challenging to make snacks/ treats when there is a party or a pot luck event. But fret not as I have been experimenting in the kitchen and I have come up with these cookies which I believe will cater for most people’s dietary requirements. 😊
These cookies are gluten free, vegan friendly, keto friendly, paleo friendly, refined sugar free and only requires 5 ingredients including water to make. They make the perfect snack for that mid morning/afternoon sweet craving as well as Christmas treat/snack if you are hosting a Christmas party. These cookies are on the chewier side, so if you like crunchy cookies, these may not be for you 😅
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this recipe. If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn.
Makes 16 cookies
- 1 cup almond meal;
- 1.5 cup desiccated coconut;
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar;
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water); and
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with a baking paper;
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor except the water and processor until well combined. The mixture will start to look like cookie crumbs now;
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time to the mixture and continue to process until the mixture starts to resemble a cookie dough;
- Form the cookie dough into bite sized cookies and place on the baking tray;
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown;
- Remove the tray from the oven once baked and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to a week in a cool place; and
- Enjoy with a cup of tea/coffee.