Over the years, I have made many different frittatas. I have made some with just vegetables, others with some chicken and my favourite has been a combination of vegetables and quinoa. So, today I will share with you one of my all time favourite frittata. Quinoa, kale and shredded vegetables frittata 😍
As you know, quinoa is my favourite grain (although it is NOT a grain but a pseudocereal which is closely related to spinach and beets family) and kale is one of my favourite vegetables after broccoli 🥦 😍 So, I could not be happier when I make this frittata combination. If you do not like kale, you can use baby spinach instead 😊 Frittatas are also great for meal prep ideas as they keep well in the fridge for up to a week. So, if you are looking for meal prep ideas and like frittatas, you may want to give this recipe a try 😄
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this recipe. If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn.
For those of you counting calories and macros, you can use the table below as a guide.
- 5 free range eggs;
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa;
- 2-3 cups kale, shredded;
- 100g shredded carrots, beetroot or broccoli stalk – I used carrots this time;
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped;
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs;
- 2 tsp chilli flakes;
- 2 tsp San Elk vegetable stock powder or to taste; and
- Black pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and grease a tray with olive oil;
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, mixed herbs, chilli flakes, vegetable stock and black pepper until well combined;
- Add the remaining ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until well combined;
- Pour the mixture into the greased tray and place in the oven;
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until frittata is cooked thoroughly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool;
- Enjoy 😍