I usually have a cold breakfast during the week of yogurt + fruits, oats, granola, smoothie or boiled eggs + veggies. So, on the weekends, I love making a hot breakfast. One of our favourite household breakfast is pancakes! We love it because it’s so comforting especially as the weather gets cooler now 😊 And we love how we can add any toppings such as as fresh berries, bananas and/or nuts as well as delicious sauces such as maple syrup (our household favourite), peanut butter drizzle (my personal favourite 😋), honey, homemade jam and homemade butterscotch sauce (yum!).
So, today I will share with you one of my favourite vegan pancakes! Technically, this recipe only needs 3 ingredients but I added some vegan protein powder (I used peanut protein powder-the best) for extra protein and ground cinnamon for extra flavour 😊 These pancakes are so easy to make that you can even make them on a work day! And to top it all off, they are extremely delicious 🤤
So, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this recipe. If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn. Also, if you do recreate this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @subz_foodie 🙂
For those calculating macros/calories, you can use the table below as a guide (excludes toppings).
For the Pancakes
- 3/4 cup wholemeal spelt flour (you can use other flours such as wholemeal, buckwheat, white, etc flours or a combination of a few different flours);
- 1/4 cup vegan protein powder (I used peanut protein powder but you can substitute with flour if you don’t want the extra protein);
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I have used almond and coconut milks);
- 1 tsp baking powder, sifted; and
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
For the toppings
- Maple syrup, jam, peanut butter, honey, coconut yogurt, your favourite sauce;
- Fruits such as fresh berries, bananas, passion fruit, your favourite fruit; and
- Nuts such as pecan, walnuts, your favourite nut.
- In a bowl, whisk all the pancake ingredients until well combined. Let the pancake mixture rest for 10-15 minutes;
- Heat a pan on medium high heat and grease with some olive/coconut oil;
- Once the pan is hot, pour 1/3-1/2 cup of batter and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (the pancake is ready on each side when you are able to flip the pancake without it falling apart);
- Repeat until the batter is finished; and
- Top with your favourite toppings. My favourites are fresh berries, walnuts & pecans and some peanut butter drizzle of course 😋