Sometimes on the weekend, I cannot be bothered making a hot breakfast and I do not feel like having my homemade granola either. So, I tend to make smoothies. I make many different smoothies such as my super green smoothie, cherry ripe smoothie or my favourite peanut butter chocolate smoothie. But my go to smoothie in the last few weeks have been my carrot cake smoothie. Growing up, I used to love having carrot juice when I went to the hawker stalls for lunch or dinner. And this smoothie definitely reminds me of my childhood favourite carrot juice. So, I would like to share this recipe with you. It is so simple to make and keeps well in the fridge overnight, so you can take it to work for a work day breakfast.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this recipe. If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn. Also, if you do recreate this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @subz_foodie 🙂
- 1 carrot, shredded;
- 1 cup almond milk;
- 2 tbsp vegan protein powder (I used Macro Mike cheesecake flavour);
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (I used Mayvers‘ smunchy protein plus peanut butter);
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon; and
- 1/2 cup ice.
- In a blender, place all the above ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy; and
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy 🙂