Sometimes all I want to eat is a juicy burger after a long day at work. At the same time, I don’t want to feel sluggish and sick after eating a store bought burger or burger patties from the supermarket. So, I make my own burger patties which take me around 30 minutes tops to make from chopping the ingredients up to placing the burgers in my trusty Airfryer to cook to crispy perfection! The best part about making my own burger is that I can choose the protein of my choice and sneak in as much veggies (or as little 😅) as I want into the burger 🍔
This chicken burger recipe is my go to recipe when I am pressed for time. I add zucchini and carrot as my vegetables of choice and coat the burgers in breadcrumbs to get the burgers to be crispy on the outside yet still juicy on the inside 😊 I chose to have this chicken burger with some spinach and melted shredded mozzarella cheese in a store bought wholemeal burger bun with some American mustard and tomato sauce (yum) with a side of sweet potato fries. If you want to make your own burger bun, this wholemeal bagel recipe is so easy to make and goes well with this burger 😊😊🍔
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this recipe. If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn. Also, if you do recreate this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @subz_foodie 🙂
Makes 6 good sized burger patties
For the burger
- 500g minced chicken;
- 1 carrot, shredded;
- 1 zucchini, shredded and excess moisture squeezed out;
- 2 garlic cloves, grated/minced;
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs;
- 1 tsp garlic powder;
- 1-2 tsp San Elk vegetable stock or salt to taste; and
- Pepper to taste.
For the crumb coating
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs ;
- 1 tbsp dried oregano;
- 1 tsp garlic powder; and
- Pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, mix all the burger ingredients until well combined. Divide the burger mixture into 6 even sized balls;
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl, mix all the crumb coating ingredients until well combined;
- Shape each burger ball into a burger patties and coat each patty in the crumb coating mixture. You may need to slightly press the crumbs into the patty so that they don’t fall out;
- Once the patties are crumbed, I place them in the Airfryer at 170 degrees Celsius and cook for 20-25 minutes or until cooked;
- You can also pan fry them with some olive oil. Pan fry each side of the patties for 5-7 minutes or until cooked on a medium heat;
- I have not tried baking/grilling the burgers in the oven, but I believe they will work in a 170 degrees Celsius oven for 20-25 minutes but you will need to turn them over at the half way mark.
- Enjoy in a burger bun or on its own with sweet potato fries and some salad 😊🤤😋
This looks really good.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you 😊 It is 😃