If you don’t already know, I love nuts and dried fruit and more so when they are paired with chocolate. I made this rocky road packed with my favourite dried fruits and nuts a few months ago. This rocky road is more of a fudge rather than a chocolate. I had this fudge for my before bed snack when I craved for chocolates. It was not too sweet as it is naturally sweetened with dates. And the best part about this fudge is that you can use your favourite dried fruits and nuts or even seeds or shredded coconut if that’s what you fancy 😊 So, I hope you get to try this recipe and enjoy this healthier superfood rocky road fudge 😋
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this recipe. If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn. Also, if you do recreate this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @subz_foodie 🙂
Makes 16-20 bite sized fudge
- 80g dates, soaked in hot water for 30-45 minutes (water to be drained & discarded afterwards);
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of your choice);
- 1/4 cup milk of your choice (I used macadamia milk);
- 1/3 cup cacao or carob powder;
- 2 cups nuts or dried fruit of your choice (I used a combination of roasted peanuts, peanut butter chips, dried cranberries, goji berries, pepitas & roasted hazelnuts).
- Prepare a square/rectangular tray;
- In a food processor, place the soaked dates and blend until it resembles a thick paste. Then, add the peanut butter & milk and process until well combined:
- Once well combined, add the cacao powder and process until well combined;
- Transfer the cacao mixture to a large bowl and add the mixed nuts and dried fruit. Mix the mixture with your hands or a spoon until well combined;
- Transfer the fudge mixture to the prepared tray and spread evenly;
- Place the tray in the fridge and allow to harden for 3-4 hours; and
- Remove the tray from the fridge and cut into squares. Enjoy. Stores in the fridge for up to a month.