As you know, I LOVE peanut butter. And I have a new found craze for making my own chocolates. So, it was only about time before I combined my love for peanut butter and making chocolate into one. Yes, that’s right I made some peanut butter chocolates. To be specific, I call them my homemade peanut butter Lindt balls 😛
They are so simple and fun to make and tastes ridiccously delicious. They are also only made with four ingredients – cacao butter, crunchy peanut butter (the crunchier the better in my opinion), date syrup and roasted peanuts 🙂 So, they are vegan and gluten free, so we can all enjoy them in moderation. I find these peanut butter chocolates so decadent, moreish and melts in your mouth 😀 So, if you love peanut butter and want to try making your own chocolates, give this recipe a try. Or if you are feeling nice, make these chocolates for a peanut butter lover and they will love you for it 😀
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this recipe. If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn. Also, if you do recreate this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @subz_foodie 🙂
Makes 10 delicious Lindt balls
- 1/2 cup cacao butter;
- 4 tbsp peanut butter;
- 4 tbsp liquid sweetener of your choice or to taste (I used date syrup, but you can use maple syrup, honey, rice malt sugar, coconut syrup, molasses, agave);
- Handful of roasted peanuts; and
- Pinch of himalayan salt.
- Melt the cacao butter on a double boiler or bowl on top of a small saucepan over medium heat. Make sure the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl;
- When the cacao butter is completely melted, remove from the heat and add peanut butter and sweetener and whisk until you have a well combined mixture;
- The, add the roasted peanuts and salt mix until well combined and smooth;
- Pour the chocolate into molds or hard pans to harden or even baking tray lined with parchment paper. I used silicone chocolate dome/mini muffin trays as it helps with removing the chocolate when it hardens later;
- Place the trays in the fridge for 1-2 hours or allow to harden at room temperature for several hours;
- Once your chocolate hardens, remove from the pans/trays;
- Enjoy all by yourself or you can gift them to your loved ones. Stores in fridge for up to a month.