I have not shared with you my snack of the week for a while now. So, here is one of my favourite easy and delicious snack that I have been making for a couple of weeks that I absolutely enjoy for morning/afternoon tea.
These brownies are made with peanut butter (of course), ripe bananas, apple sauce, plant based/Greek yogurt, wholemeal flour, cocoa powder & coconut sugar. So they are packed with all the good stuff like healthy fats, complex carbohydrates & fibre. They are chewy (just the way I like it) and extremely delicious! They also make a great lunchbox snack or on the go breakfast 🥞 So, if you are looking for an easy delicious snack or breakfast, don’t forget to try these delicious PB banana brownies/blondies.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this recipe. If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn. Also, if you do recreate this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @subz_foodie 🙂
Makes 15-16 bite size brownies
- 4 tbsp plant based banana yogurt or Greek yogurt;
- 4 tbsp apple sauce;
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed;
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar;
- Pinch of salt;
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder;
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour; and
- ***Topping: 4-5 tbsp peanut butter.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a bread loaf tin;
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients (except the peanut butter) until well combined. Then, transfer the mixture to the greased tin;
- Then, add about 4-5 tbsp peanut butter on top of the brownie batter and swirl around the batter with a toothpick to get a marble effect;
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the brownie; and
- Allow to cool and enjoy 😊 Stores in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Suba Xx 💋