Happy Monday, everyone 🙂 Sharing with you with one of my favourite, easy and delicious birthday cake cookies to brighten up your Monday 😊 These cookies are vegan, gluten free and super tasty 🤤 Perfect for your mid morning pick me up or to curb your sweet afternoon cravings or if you are like me, after dinner sweet snack.
These cookies are so easy to make and only requires one bowl to make. They are also perfect to make with your kids and make a great lunchbox snack. They make a good meal prep snack as you can make them ahead of time for the work week. And I typically double this recipe, otherwise they would not last the whole week 😛
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this recipe. If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn. Also, if you do recreate this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @subz_foodie 🙂
Makes 10-12 bite sized cookies
- 2 tbsp tapioca/corn flour;
- 2 tbsp oat/buckwheat flour;
- 3 tbsp vegan protein powder (or gluten free flour);
- 3 tbsp almond meal;
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (or almond meal);
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (plus 2 tbsp coconut sugar if using gluten free flour);
- 1 tsp baking powder;
- 1.5 tbsp sprinkles;
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips;
- 1 tbsp peanut butter; and
- 3-4 tbsp almond milk (or milk of your choice).
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and grease a baking tray;
- In a bowl, place all the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add peanut butter and mix until it resembles bread crumbs;
- Add almond milk one tbsp at a time and mix together until it becomes a cookie dough. I needed 3 tbsp of almond milk but you may need less or more;
- Using a tbsp as a guide, roll the cookie dought into balls and flatten on the baking tray. You can top with some extra sprinkles if you like (make sure you press the sprinkles into the top of the cookies so that they don’t fall off the cookies);
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. If you prefer chewier cookies, bake for 20 minutes. If you prefer crunchier cookies, bake for 25-30 minutes. I prefer crunchier cookies, so I baked mine for 30 minutes; and
- Enjoy 🙂 Store in an air-tight container in cool dark place for up to two weeks.