Father’s Day is around the corner and if you are looking for a DIY gift, look no further! I think this DIY brownies in a jar is a great gift for your dad and you will probably already have the ingredients to make it in your pantry. And all your dad will need to add to this brownie mix is some ripe banana/apple purée, peanut butter, oil and milk! And if your dad (like mine) can barely cook rice for himself, you can make these brownies for him 😊 And if your dad is not into brownies, you can try some other DIY gifts here 🎁
I hope you enjoy this gift idea as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this gift idea 🎁 If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn. Also, if you do recreate this gift, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @subz_foodie 🙂
What you will need?
- 1 x 375g jar – I used my old Mayvers peanut butter jar #zerowaste ;
- Some ribbons, card & string to decorate the jar and make it look more like a gift;
For the brownies in a jar:
- 100g almond meal;
- 60g chocolate protein powder (preferably vegan) or more almond meal;
- 1 tbsp cocoa/cacao powder;
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or sugar of choice) [or additional 3 tbsp sugar if not using protein powder];
- 1/2 tsp baking powder;
- 2 tbsp almond flakes; and
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate chips.
For the instructions card:
- What you will need?
- 60g apple puree or mashed ripe banana;
- 1 tbsp oil;
- 1 tbsp peanut butter; and
- 1/2 cup milk of choice.
- How to make?
- Preheat the oven 170 degrees Celsius and grease a small loaf tin;
- Place all the ingredients in the jar in a large bowl and mix until well combined;
- Then, add the apple puree, oil, peanut butter and milk and mix until well combined;
- Transfer the brownie mixture to the greased tin and place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean;
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool;
- Store in dark cool area for up to a week or in the fridge for up to two weeks; and
- Enjoy 😉
Happy father’s day everyone,