Hello everyone 🙂 I hope you are having a good weekend. So, we are still in lockdown here in Melbourne! But I am still meal prepping my lunches and most breakfasts each week. Why you ask? Well because, it:
- Gives me some sort of routine/structure;
- Gives me a well balanced meal at meal time and saves me from mindlessly snacking between meals;
- Allows me to enjoy my lunch at lunch time and squeeze in a lunch time walk; and
- Stops me from stressing what to make for lunch, especially if I am having a busy day.
Anyway, back to my recipe I am about to share – it is my snack of the week. This week I made some vanilla raspberry friands (yum!). They are made with almond meal, flour, egg white, butter, sugar, vanilla essence and raspberries. These friands taste like those made in a bakery and reminds me of Dorian’s favourite flourless muffins from a local cafe. So, Dorian also loved them and I will definitely be making them again 🙂 So, if you are looking for an easy lunchbox snack or a delicious afternoon tea, look no further.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this recipe. If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn. Also, if you do recreate this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @subz_foodie 🙂
Makes 8 delicious friands
- 80g almond meal;
- 50g plain flour;
- 90g butter, melted;
- 3 egg whites;
- 45-60g sugar of choice (or more if you prefer sweeter friands);
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence/vanilla paste; and
- A handful or two of raspberries (frozen/fresh).
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius and grease a muffin or friand tray;
- Place the melted butter, egg whites, sugar and vanilla essence and mix until well combined;
- Then, add the almond meal and flour to butter mixture and mix until well combined;
- Scoop the mixture to the greased muffin/friand tray and then place a few raspberries on top of each mixture;
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 25-28 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean;
- Once the friands are baked, allow to cool;
- Stores in the fridge for up to a week; and
- Enjoy 😉
They sound and look delicious!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Lisa 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person