Sharing with you my favourite and easy Asian style noodles that I have been making the past few months for my meal prep lunch. They are so simple to make (and that’s why I keep making them) and also taste delicious (so, I don’t mind eating them every week 🤤) These noodles are vegan, packed with vegetables (you can use any veggies you like) and has tofu as a source of protein. The star of this dish is the marinade/sauce which is made with soy sauce, sark soy sauce and hoisin sauce! And you can always change up the vegetables and protein you use in this noodles to keep it different and exciting each week ☺️
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this recipe. If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn. Also, if you do recreate this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @subz_foodie 🙂
- 1 tsp oil;
- 1/2 onion, sliced;
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 200g hokien noodles (I used Aldi’s Asia specialties hokien noodles), prepared accordingly to the packet directions;
- 200g tofu diced, cut into cubes @terramadreorganics;
- 4-5 cups vegetables of choice (I used some mushrooms, cabbage & pak choy this time. But you can use carrots, capsicum, broccoli, etc);
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce;
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce;
- 1.5 tbsp hoisin sauce;
- 1/3 -1/2 cup veggie stock (I used 1/2 tbsp San Elk veggie stock + 1/3-1/2 cup hot water); and
- 1 tsp corn flour.
- Making the marinade/sauce: In a bowl, mix the dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, hoisin sauce, veggie stock & corn flour until well combined
- Heat oil in a wok/pan on a medium high heat. Add the sliced onion & minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Then, add the vegetables stir fry until slightly cooked. If it starts to stick to the pan, add a splash of water and continue to cook.
- Add the tofu and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Then, add the noodles, the prepared sauce & pepper & stir fry for 2-3 minutes until well combined and sauce reduces a little.
- Turn off heat and serve warm with some sambal or hot sauce. Stores in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
- Enjoy 😉
Happy meal prepping,