Sometimes, I make savoury snacks for my morning/afternoon tea too 😅☺️ A few weeks ago I made these delicious pizza scrolls 🍕 I used my cinnamon scroll recipe and swapped the delicious sweet cinnamon sugar filling for some pizza ingredients to turn this into a delicious savoury pizza scroll.
The dough is made with just three ingredients: wholemeal flour, baking powder and strained Greek yogurt. And the filling is made with tomato paste, baby spinach, capsicum, ham and cheese. But you can use your favourite pizza ingredients such as mushrooms, bacon, pepperoni, etc for the filling. You can also leave the ham out for a vegetarian pizza scroll ☺️
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this recipe. If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn. Also, if you do recreate this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @subz_foodie 🙂
Makes 10 delicious scrolls
For the dough:
- 180g wholemeal flour (or normal flour);
- 1 tsp baking powder; and
- 170g strained Greek yogurt/full fat Greek yogurt (or coconut yogurt for a vegan option).
For the filling:
- 3-4 tbsp tomato paste;
- Handful baby spinach, chopped;
- 1/4-1/3 capsicum, cubed;
- 30-40g ham, diced; and
- Handful of shreds cheese (or vegan cheese) and more shredded cheese for topping.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius and grease a baking tray with oil;
- In a bowl, place the dough ingredients and mix together until it forms a dough. If the dough is sticky, add a little more flour and if the dough is dry and not coming together as a dough, add some yogurt. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 1-2 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic;
- Then, roll out the dough into a rectangle with 30-40mm thickness;
- Then, spread the tomato paste evenly across the dough and top with some chopped baby spinach, capsicum, ham and finally, some shredded cheese;
- Then, roll the dough from one end to the other tightly to ensure the toppings do not fall out. Then, slice the rolled dough into 10 equal pieces and place on the prepared tray. Top with some more cheese and place in the oven to bake for 20-30 minutes or until the dough is cooked thoroughly;
- Remove from the oven and enjoy. Stores in the fridge for up to a week ☺️
Suba Xx 💋