Sharing with you one of my favourite cookies that I have been making the past few months! My delicious Caramilk and white chocolate lemon cookies! Yum 😋 These cookies are made with some butter, apple sauce, some sugar and wholemeal flour for some added fibre and of course Caramilk chunks and while chocolate chips for deliciousness and freshly squeezed lemons juice for lovely lemony taste!
These cookies make the perfect morning or afternoon tea and also are meal prep friendly. They are super easy to make and did I mention delicious? 🤤
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. As always, please let me know what you think of this recipe. If you like what you see on this blog, you can follow me on my blog, Facebook or Instagram for some food porn. Also, if you do recreate this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @subz_foodie 🙂
- 50g butter, melted;
- 70g apple sauce;
- 1 egg (or flax egg for vegan option)
- 1/2 cup sugar (or more for sweeter cookies);
- Zest of one lemon;
- 2 tbsp lemon juice;
- 200g wholemeal flour;
- 1 tsp baking powder;
- 1 tsp vanilla Essence;
- 40g caramilk, chopped (or more) or vegan chocolate for vegan option; and
- 30g white chocolate chips (or more).
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and grease a baking tray;
- In a large bowl, place the butter, apple sauce, egg, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix until well combined;
- Then, add the wholemeal flour, baking powder and vanilla essence and mix until well combined and forms a cookie dough;
- Fold in the chopped Caramilk and white chocolate chips;
- Then using a tablespoon as guide, take some cookie dough and shape into balls/circles and place on the greased baking tray. Repeat until the cookie dough is finished;
- Then, place in the oven and baked for 20-25 minutes or until it becomes golden brown; and
- Enjoy 😉 Store in a cool dark place for up to 2 weeks.
Suba Xx 💋