Hello everyone 🙂
I am Suba and I am the face behind the creative recipes and posts you see on this blog. By day, I am Actuary working for an insurer and by night and on the weekends, you can find me in my kitchen (where I spend most of my home time) cooking up a storm and creating healthy, nutritious and delicious meals, snacks and desserts 🙂
I started this blog as an outlet to express my creative side, cooking and baking. People who know me, know that I am passionate about home cooked meals and homemade snacks as well as living a healthy lifestyle. On this blog, I will share with you my healthier homemade meals and snacks – yes, it is possible to make healthier homemade food that taste delicious 🙂 And from my time to time, I will share my personal experience on personal challenges and/or how to live a healthier lifestyle as well as my travel adventures around the globe.
Since I am such a foodie, I will share with you my top five food that I cannot live without:
- Peanut Butter: If you are a regular follower of my blog, Facebook or Instagram, you will know how much I love peanut butter (I only have the ones with no added sugar or oils). I have peanut butter in my oats, smoothies, sauces, dips and of course, snakcs and baked goods 🙂 But my favourite is eating peanut butter straight out of the jar :O ;
- Quinoa: Ever since I discovered quinoa (about 9 years ago now), I have quinoa instead of rice. I have it with curries, stir fries, make fried quinoa and even put it in my fritatta. It is my all time favourite grain (although it is not a grain, but a pseudocereal which means it is more closely related to spinach and beets!);
- Broccoli: This is my all time favourite vegetable. I will have it for breakfast with boiled eggs, in stir fries, curries, roast vegetables, soups, pesto and I have even used steamed broccoli in my super green smoothie! And did you know that a serve of broccoli has more vitamin C than a serve of orange?;
- Banana: It is my favourite fruit and I have it almost everyday. Some days I have it in my smoothie, other days with peanut butter as a snack and often in my banana bread/muffins. It is also a great snack before a workout or when I am hungry before bed; and
- Protein Bliss Balls: One of my go-to snacks when I am craving for something sweet at work during that mid-afternoon slump is bliss balls. I usually make my own bliss balls and I am always experimenting with new flavours. You can check out my bliss ball flavours here 🙂
If you have any suggestions on recipes to try or your favourite desserts or indulgent snack that you will like me to make into healthier versions, please get in touch 🙂 Also, feel free to simply say hi and let me know what you would like to see more or less off on my blog.
With some friendly encouragement from a friend, I have now started some healthy cooking classes. So, if you are more of a hand on person or simply looking for some healthy snacks/dishes to learn how to make, check out my upcoming classes here 😊 Also, if you have any suggestions for classes that I should run, please let me know 🙂
Happy creating and stay healthy 🙂